Sunday 9 September 2012

Slow and Lazy Sunday Update

So I found the trim for the tiled plant stand in the sewing room cabinet, in a container, labeled "trim". This is like a near miracle. Stuff like that never happens in this house. I am astounded that I actually put it in the spot that it should be. It took me two seconds to find it. One would think this would be a lesson to me and I will try to remember how easy this was the next time I go to store something away. PUT IT WHERE IT BELONGS!!

So the pompom trim turned out to be a cream colour and the little stool is white. Luckily I had some white tassel trim, in the same container, (who knew!!) so I whipped out the trusty hot glue gun and voila................ a finished project.


Since I had the trims out and the glue gun heated up and ready to go, I stuck the pompom fringe to a counted cross stitch foot stool I made in 1995. I bought the little stool at a secondhand store for 25 cents. I was covered in a lovely shiny green vinyl. The pompoms finish it off nicely.

and yes before you ask, the left over trim went back into the box labeled trim and back into the cupboard. The glue gun went back into its tin. Its a new age people!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment