Wednesday 12 September 2012

Best Laid Plans Go Up in Smoke

Its amazing how carefully you can plan and then things go in a totally different direction. Nothing went the way I hoped it would today but I did manage to get some things done. Best of all I finished the crib quilt and bumper pads I was making for a co-worker. That would be the quilt I was working on at the cabin. They are done, delivered and paid for. AWESOME!! I also hemmed 5 pairs of jeans today, a last minute, panicked, rush, beg and plead request from a desperate Mom. So I did not get doing what I had wanted to do today but I made some money which is something I cannot say no to. Especially since I am trying to paint the shed.

I went and got some more tile today to work on some mosaic stars for the shed. Then I realized I have to stop gathering tile, I am doing exactly what I always do. I am stock piling a ton of stuff before I actually do any amount of it. So I need to stop until I get some things done. My tile box is full and I have overflow all over the kitchen table. Good Grief. "If one is good a million is better"  must be tattooed on me someplace. It certainly is my mantra.

My holiday is slipping away faster than I would like and I have not done a lot of what I wanted to do. I could not paint on the shed today because it was crazy windy here. I did go looking for some more colour but I did not find any yet. I am hoping to. I am headed out of the province on Saturday so I can look in the towns I pass through.

Tomorrow I have some housekeeping to do, and I have an appointment to get my hair cut in the middle of the afternoon. I desperately need a hair cut. Its so long its driving me nuts. Well I have babbled on for long enough  so I think I am going to go and knit for a bit, then head for bed early. I was so busy sewing this afternoon, I did not get my nap. (I love my nap in the afternoon)

So I hope your day went more to plan today than mine did.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment