Sunday 9 September 2012

Slow and Lazy Sunday

Ah it has been a slow, quiet, easy Sunday around here and I am enjoying it. While it is lovely to be away there is something to be said for one's own bed. And when that bed has cool breezes wafting over it and the gentle snore of a contented cat at its foot. Well its very comforting. That is what I woke to this morning. No barking dog at the neighbour's house for once. Bliss. Cool breeze, contented cat, soft mattress. warm blankets.

I managed to take a picture of the tea light holders I bought. I really do need to work on my photography skills. Until that happens this is the best I can manage, I need to pop a tea light into each one but I have to find the tea lights. I have some, in a cupboard someplace. Sigh.


I also found these two charmers on my travels. They wanted to come home with me. The picture holder may go to my office, I have not decided yet. The little winged piggy is iron and maybe a door stop but I will find a shelf for him somewhere in the house.


So today has been quiet and easy. I am still working on the laundry, moving on now to washing the sheets I use to keep the cat hair off the quilts on the bed, and doing tea towels and dish cloths. I have the sheets drying on the cloths line and the tea towels waiting their turn. Its a good day for drying clothes outside. Just enough of a warm breeze to do the job.

I did a bit of mosaic tiling  today. I had a little wooden stool that will make a lovely plant stand, so I tiled the top of it today

I have some white pom pom trim that will finish this off rather nicely but I just cannot lay my hands on it at the moment. I am not in the mood to rip the sewing room apart to find it so it can wait. If I got paid for all the time I spend looking for stuff in this house I would be such a rich woman. Ah well, it will turn up eventually. Anyway, the little dutch looking tiles are actually that. My friend E gave them to me, she brought them back from Holland. I have some others but I need to find the right project to use them on. Her husband is Dutch so they have made many trips over there. She never did anything with them so she passed them on to me.

Have I ever mentioned I am blessed with good friends??

I hope your Sunday is going well.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment