Thursday 26 July 2012

Turtle Interuptus

Ok the craft room is going to take longer than planed. I should have pushed through last night. I had high hopes for tonight but I got interrupted ................by a turtle. A turtle puppet that is. One of my co-workers was looking for a gift for child and she thought a turtle puppet would be good, and a piggy too. The pig I had on hand, the turtle not so much so this little guy hi-jacked my evening. I am not about to turn down cold hard cash. So out came the crochet hook and the craft room got the shaft. Here is the finished product.


He is cute isn't he? Of all the puppets I have made this little critter is the most popular. I think its because not only is he cute but his shell is removable. Naked turtle is a hit with young and old alike. Whatever his charm is he holds the lead spot amongst the puppets.

BUT don't give up hope, don't think I have totally abandoned the QUEST. The craft room was not completely ignored. Remember how it looked last night?


Well this is this same spot tonight


So I have made some progress but as you can see there is more to go. I also got the far corner of the counter cleared off but I did not take pictures. I puttered away at it while I chatted on face book with Miss Miles. We have not talked in awhile so it was great to catch up with her. While we chatted I sorted, recycled and destroyed my way through a mound of paper work. I can actually move the mouse for the computer now without getting paper cuts or being seriously in danger of being crushed by a paper avalanche.

Tomorrow night is NO COOK so I will be out and about and not giving the cleaning a passing thought. I will be back at it on the weekend though. I plan to finish the main floor this weekend. Then next week I can start going deeper into the quagmire that is my house. Hopefully there will be crafting on the weekend to balance out the cleaning frenzy.

Wish me luck!!

Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment