Thursday 19 July 2012

Makin' a list

What a surprise I am making a list. I am making two of them actually. The first one is the usual "to do" list for the weekend. I always make one on Thursday. Its usually way to long and there is no way I could get all the stuff done but it gives me a goal. Something to shoot for. I like to cross things off lists so I most often give it a good try.

The second list is jobs that have lingered in the back ground, desperate to be done but happily ignored by me. I need to get off the proverbial pot and get my act together. So I started a list of these jobs and I hope to start to tackle each of them and thus be able to cross them off the list. Things like finally finishing the wall paper job in the laundry room, (it has been waiting for 6 years to be finished ACK!!!) Painting the trim in the main floor bath, etc etc.  Finish the mosaic stars and hang them on the shed, heck paint the shed, move the carpet, clean out my closet and on and on and on. As always I am in constant pursuit of becoming organized, tidy and on top of things. This has been a life long pursuit and lately it feels like an vertical climb up a mountain. 


Lately I have been far to good at making a list, formulating a plan and then ignoring it completely when I get home. What is up with that?? I like a tidy house, I like things in there place. I can live with clutter as long as its organized but for the longest time I have just let things got to hell in a hand basket. Well enough is enough. I am going to try to bring myself to heel. Take my self to task and get back to being better at keeping this house as it should be. 

I have no plans to go anywhere this weekend so I should be able to tackle the list with both feet first, crank up the music, pedal to the metal enthusiasm.  Anyone want to lay bets on how much I actually do???


Mama, I'll believe it when I see it.

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment