Wednesday 25 July 2012

The Quest is in a Quagmire

So I am on day two of my cleaning the house phase of my plan. The craft room was the target tonight and I am thinking that maybe doing it in one night is more than I care to do. Its not more than I could do but its more than I care to do. I worked for more than an hour tonight and this is what I got done


There is still a lot of room for further purging and organizing but at least you can see the counter tops. There was crap important stuff piled up high enough that you could not see the first row of baskets. So I sorted, put away, recycled and tidied to get it to this point. You will notice that I am only sharing a picture of half of the room. That's cause the other half looks like this:


Yikes!! I think I will tackle the other half tomorrow night. For now I am going to pat myself on the back that I have half of it done and the other half will be done tomorrow.  I have rationalized it to this point, if I get the house semi cleaned up now, then on my next round of cleaning I can purge deeper, organize deeper and get things even more under control. Makes sense to me

Lately I have been coming to think that I need to be realistic. There are things in this house I do not use or need or even want. It is time for them to go and I mean to hunt them out and get rid of them. Are you sick of me going on and on about this yet??

On to other matters I have this  chest of drawers in the entry way that I want to paint.


I now have to go googling to see if you can get Annie Sloane Chalk Paint in Canada. I have been drooling over the re-do's at  http://mypassionfordecor.blogspot.ca/ and she uses this paint for her stuff. I love The look she gets and I think my little chest in the hall would look lovely done in the old white with a stained wood top. I also really like the wax finish that she uses. I have used wax on furniture before and I love the feel that it gives the piece. This little baby needs to be freshened up and I am curious about this paint that has so many people talking. 


For now I need to go and make something to eat then make some puppets. Yes I am back doing them at the moment. Just two for now but who knows what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment