Saturday 7 July 2012

Happy Saturday Part 2

Currently the Jazzy Jigsaw quilt for Best Friend is drying on the clothes line sucking up all the wonderful dried outside laundry smell. Its completely quilted, bound and freshly laundered. I could not be happier, I am going to get to deliver it to her and that is awesome because I was not sure it would get done. Its for snuggling under on the couch and as such is not a huge quilt but ample to cover oneself from nose to toes while watching classic movies.

Partly made from her Dad's dress shirts and some extra material thrown in from me it is a medley of her favorite colours in the world, blue, green and yellow. She choose the pattern and so here is a peak:


I think she is gonna like it. I rather do. I now am thinking I am going to reduce the size of this pattern and make a baby quilt for my Godson's first born. I have not sent him anything yet and the baby arrived in April I believe. I can see a crib quilt in bright primary colours. I guess I will drag the scrap tubs out again and start rummaging.

So its been a grand day for me. I quilted and go this project done. I patch painted the stairs finally and I managed to make some homemade laundry stain remover. I have yet to try it so I don't know if it works. I will let you know. I hope it does because it would be a cheap alternative to buying the stuff constantly. I did the dishes and have managed to keep the kitchen table clear of crap for the entire week. Go ME!!

I have to admit I missed all the shows I had taped on the old DVR today, I did not get my Coronation Street fix whist I stitched my heart out. Oh well, I have a new DVR and its not like I have not keep up with Corrie. I am miffed I lost the Hatfield and McCoy's mini series that I planned to watch all at once but now all I can do is hope it shows up on Netflix or the history channel re-runs it. Thankfully the HGTV stuff I can watch on the computer. Sliver lining in the cloud.

This evening I am going to start knitting a baby blanket for a co-worker. I have to find the pattern I printed off first but that should not be too hard. I hope. Tomorrow I have some things I need to do, laundry, check lotto tickets, and show my self at a friend's garage sale. Right now I think I may nip out to the LYS and see what I can find.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment