Sunday 22 July 2012

Best Laid Plans

So yesterday was the day I was going to get stuck in and work on the house. Tackle that "to do" list and make a bit old dent in it. Well that was the plan anyway. So on Friday night at No Cook, the Banker says "want to go to the Farmer's Market tomorrow". I did not even hesitate, I said "sure".  A simple sentence that lead to a wonderful day.

She asked if I had plans for the day and I said nothing that can't wait, so off we went at 8:45 am to the Farmer's Market for lovely, fresh, local grown veg and yummy baked goods. I have not been to the Farmer's Market in years. I just got out of the habit of going. Long story and I had my reasons. It was a little sad to be there but it was ok. We finished there, made a quick run to the Hostess' place to pick up some things, before we hit some garage sales.

Not a good day for garage sales in this fair city but I did get two nice sturdy chairs for $1.00 each for my sewing room. They are currently red but I will recover them into a nice blue to match the room. I also bought a cork screw for .25 cents. I was amazed the Banker bought much more than I did. I must be getting better at this stuff. I will be sharing pictures of my chairs when I do the recovering so you can see the before and after.

Next thing we knew it was lunch time, so we stopped at A&W for a snack. Next on the list was her house to watch season two of  the Game of Thrones. We managed three episodes before it was time to go to the theater and meet S to see Brave. What a good animated movie. The animation now is fantastically real, almost like a photo. Supper for we three at the Banker's place, chat, chat, talk, talk and its 9:30. S takes her leave, we watch another hour of Game of Thrones and then I head home. I was back in the house at 10:40. A long lovely day with good friends. I love days like that.

SO now I have had my Sunday sleep in, my big Sunday breakfast and now I need to do some things. Laundry is a must, dishes, vacuum the living room. I bought a couple of plants yesterday so I need to get those into the soil. I have some crocheting and knitting to work on today as I am THIS close to having a couple of projects finished. I have managed to unload the dishwasher this morning and started to fill it again.

What I would really like to do is make a pot of coffee and go park myself on the veranda with a book but I am not doing that today. A little household maintenance is needed and today is the day to do it. Its too hot for me to be outside anyway. In theory it would be lovely to be on the veranda but it reality I would be a sweaty puddle!! Yuk. I will stay inside, in the air conditioned cool and tend to my home.

Happy Sunday!!

Toodles,
Lina

No comments:

Post a Comment