Sunday 29 July 2012

Saturday Reruns-----I like it

I am happy to announce that my plans to clean house on Saturday was changed again and I spent another great Saturday with the Banker. She does not have to work on Saturdays anymore so she was free to be out and about. It started out with us wanting to finish off the second season of Game of Thrones. She has it taped on her tv, so at No Cook she asked if I had plans and if not would we like to finish off the season. I had plans, cleaning, organizing, purging plans that I was 100% certain would wait for me if I decided to skip out  on them. Since they were not chiseled in stone I had no problem putting them on hold. Housework will always be there, fun days spend with wonderful friends are not always available.

So skip out I did. We got started early, we checked out a new fresh air market that has just recently opened downtown. They have a small mix  of vendors offering fresh veg, baking, and crafts. Its a nice little place and I am hoping that it takes off. I hope that they attract more vendors. Its a nice spot and we managed to buy a few things. I got some homemade soap and some new potatoes as well as some dip mix.

Then we went garage saling again. I just have to share some of the best buys of the day. I got some other things but they were not blog worthy, a small cooler, a little tea tin, and a stool for the kitchen. Nothing costing over $3.00. Here are the blog worthy things:

I got this fabulous metal wall hanging for $1.00 .  It will be hanging in the back yard once I get the little patio area done.

The bird house and planter wheel barrow were each a $1.00 The little bird house it called the Garden Inn, it's printed over the little heart shaped door.
This rustic little lantern and the shepherd hook hanger were 50 cents. Its a little rusty but I like the look of it. I put it in the front yard by my Mom's old wash tub full of petunias.

Gwillam the Gnome has a night light now as he smokes his pipe and watches the world go by from his shady spot under the petunias.
Ok I did not buy this plant stand at a garage sale this weekend, it was purchased awhile ago but I love how it looks with the impatients in my fancy pots  and my mosaic bird house that welcome you as you come to the door. ( I really need to do something with the floor of the veranda not to mention I need to power wash the whole veranda area)

The Quest was resumed today. I did eventually get the kitchen cleaned up, laundry done and I got a couple of puppets made today. I finally ran the dish washer. Running out of cutlery is a good indicator that you need to get those dishes done. So the schedule survived. The craft room is not 100% but its much better than it was. Now I just need to  maintain it and do some major purging if I wish to. I also stripped the bed, washed the sheets and hung them out to dry. It was so hot and windy today it was perfect for drying laundry. I will sleep in sweet smelling sheets tonight. Yahoo. I love that.

Oh yeah I was talking about my Saturday. We finished the garage sales, watched 6 HOURS of Game of Thrones, ate pizza, chatted and then on the way to my house for her to drop me off, we stopped and got a few groceries. Both the cat and I needed breakfast fixin's for this morning, I did not want to go out today. I wanted to have a quiet, stay at home day. I got what I wanted. I still have to make collars and name tags for the puppy puppets but once that is done I will have done all I wanted to this weekend and more. 

I hope your weekend was as good as mine!!

Toodles,
Linda

PS I forgot to show you the puppy puppets:  here are Nixon and Odis, two golden puppies with their little tongues out ready to give puppy kisses


No comments:

Post a Comment