Monday 9 July 2012

Next Project Please

Two quilts made, four more waiting in the wings to be made but now I am taking a break and doing a little knitting. I am headed off to spend a few days with Best Friend so I need a carry along project. Thankfully there a lots of babies happening in and around my work family so I am currently making baby blankets.

This is the one I started on the weekend. This wave pattern is so fun and so easy to do. I love that, it looks like it may be complicated but really it is super easy.


This is one I finished last week but forgot to show off. Its crocheted and worked up lots faster than its knitted cousin above but I think its perfect, bright and cheery, just right  for a new bundle of joy to snuggle up in.


Then when I was taking pictures of these ones I realized I missed showing off this pretty little crocheted shell number in a delicate peach colour. The pattern is from one of my Grandmother's books. The yarn is lovely and soft, it has linen in it and it feels fabulous. Someone gave it to me and I have two balls left so I have to find something to make with them. 


I have also been continuously knitting dish cloths. I give away a lot of them as gifts and I sell a lot of them every year. Last year I think I knit about a hundred and after Christmas I had none left. So I am back at them as well. I didn't take a picture of them but you know I will one of these days.

So I have one last day of work tomorrow and then I am off for some quality time with Best Friend. I will not have computer access as I do not own a lap top yet, so I will not be blogging for a few days. I will be back soon and I will tell you all about the Neil Diamond concert and my time off.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment