Monday 2 July 2012

Long Weekend Musings

I had the best wake up this morning. I rolled over and looked at the clock, it said 6:17 am. I instantly panicked, WHY had the alarm not gone off, WHY did I not hear it? Once I calmed down my fuzzy sleep filled brain remembered that I did not have to go to work today, the alarm did not go off because I had not set it last night. With a song in my heart I flipped over and promptly slid back into the land of Nod until 10:00 am. Bliss. I  like mornings like that.

So now I am up, fed and watered, still stiff and sore but thankfully, I am armed with Ibuprofen so I will get through the day. A day which will involve a lot of quilting, hopefully. It has been a fine weekend, things have been accomplished and its been nice to have the time off. The boxes of books have gone to the Rotary Club, the towels to the Humane Society. Laundry is done and the kitchen has stayed decent for the last two days. A miracle in itself.

I will be honest though, it has been one of those weekends where I miss the fact that I have no family of my own. I am not talking brothers and cousins and the like, I have those. I mean my own. Once in a while I really regret that fact and this weekend was one of them. This feeling will pass, the world will turn and time will float by and I will get over it. Its just occasionally I indulge and have a pity party, table for one and this weekend was it. July long is for camping, beaches, barbecues, fireworks, and family. Sigh. Life is what it is, and I will pull my socks up and get on with it. 

Well I need to get the backing for the quilt sewn up and ready for quilting. I need to plant that last dogwood bush and I need to stop feeling sorry for myself. Busy, busy, busy.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment