Tuesday 24 July 2012

The Never Ending Quest

Some days it seems that all I do is go on an on and on about being healthier, being organized, being more frugal, being better at everything. I go along in fits and starts and I think (I hope) that I am making progress. I have worked on the meal planning and as a result I am throwing out a lot less stuff so that is progress. Financially, time wise and reducing waste wise it has helped a lot. Tonight I started another plan.

Its not a new plan, its one I have used before with great success but somehow got misplaced and I am just now getting back to it. Its taking a room each night and cleaning it. So simple and yet so easy to forget or ignore.  It usually only takes an hour at most and then its done. When I do this, it keeps the house reasonably presentable and I do not have to spend my entire weekend thinking that I should be doing or actually doing housework. Because I was not totally feeling 100%  yesterday, I did nothing but tonight I did the living and dining rooms. So inspite of a lackadaisical start this week I am on track now. It did not take long and it looks nice. I like my house to look tidy, I do not like a jumbled mess so I am working to get to the tidy place again. My Craft room will be tomorrow night and I fear that it will take more than an hour. Much putting away and much purging/sorting is needed in this room. I will be very happy to see it accomplished even if it takes me two nights to get it done.


What makes me wonder is when it takes so little time each day to work on the house and keep it up, why do I not just do it. Why do I let the crafty bits pull me away when just a scant hour would take care of it and then I would have the rest of the evening to be as crafty as I please? My darling Mom's voice is singing in my head even as I type. "if you do a little each day, you never have to do a lot on one day". Irritating when they are right about stuff isn't it??? She was also a big supporter of "put it back in its proper place when you are finished with it". Hmmm yeah, another piece of her wisdom that I struggle with. A complete time saver and frustration stopper when I cannot find something because I have failed to replace it where it should go. I do take ages to learn some of the simplest lessons some days. I am working on it. A complete work in progress that's me!!


Ah well, at least I keep trying!! 


Toodles


Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment