Saturday 21 May 2011

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without

My mom was a woman who was all about economy, economy of things, of movement, of space, and financially. I sadly did not inherit a lot of those traits. I always seem to be in a clutter, I am always broke and I cannot pack as many things into a small space as she could. That woman was a marvel at putting food into a fridge. She could pack an entire turkey dinner into an already stuffed fridge better than anyone I ever met. Its a talent I wish I had but I digress.

Mom was big on not wasting anything that could be useful in some way. She was green long before it was fashionable, in the fact that she was a big recycler and she did not even know it. I did get this from her, I do not like to see things go to waste and I do like to find a use for something that would otherwise be thrown out. So that is why I have turned this basket of left over dish cloth yarn

                              into this, (and no smarty pants its not dishcloths). These are mop heads.

for one of those mops that use the disposable cloths.

I like the mop, it was a gift, its light weight and does a good job. The only fault I have with it is the disposable paper mop heads. These knitted cotton cloths work really well. They are great to turn the dry mop into a wet mop. These are perfect for scrubbing floors. They also do a decent job of dry mopping  too when you want to get the hair up off the floor. Between the cat and myself there is a lot of hair in this house. I had tried some flannel mop heads and then some flour sack ones but they did not work like I wanted them to. These do.

I am pleasantly tired and am headed to bed, content in the fact that I got a lot of things done today. Its still raining but that's OK, maybe it will stop tomorrow and I can pretend I am a gardener (which I am most certainly not).

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment