Saturday 28 May 2011

Joy in the Kitchen part 2

This is what I did today, so far I have gotten everything done that I hoped to do and there is still the evening left to work on more puppets. Anyhoo here is my nice clean kitchen floor. TAHHH DAHHH!!! See that space in front of the basket and along the table. I have not seen that piece of floor in weeks as that is where a pile of boxes used to live. They have gone to a charity shop in search of new homes.


 A pork roast is cooking away nicely in the slow cooker. This will provide a lovely supper tonight and sandwiches for the coming week.


Six loaves of freshly made bread cooling on the table. I love homemade bread and I love the whole process of making it. I always wonder why I put off doing it because it really is not a terrible job.


Homemade turkey soup bubbling on the stove. Half will be frozen and the other half will be lunches for the coming work week. Yummy


Now I could try and say I made all these puppets today but that would be a really big untruth. I have almost made a loon to go with the eagle, otter,beaver, white tailed deer and the owl. I am hoping to finish the loon and maybe a raccoon before the day is done. I included this picture so you could see I really do make puppets. These are going to the local university for a reading program when I have them all done.


A little surprise, something not on the to do list. A rhubarb crumble turned up this afternoon. A little treat for a good days work. The rhubarb turned out to be very juicy but that's ok. it will all eat up very nicely over the coming week with a cup of tea or two.


Well I am off to make the rest of supper, eat, then park myself in my chair for some serious crocheting and tv watching.

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment