Sunday 15 May 2011

Crankypants has left the building

I was right, as always, because I know me very well. I got myself out and started to do some stuff and I feel better mentally. The pains and aches are still there but SO MUCH better in my head.

After I finished my coffee this morning I went over to a friend's place and dug up some peonies she was giving away. When I got home, I dug out the raspberry canes behind the shed. I loved having the canes but  there is no room in this yard for them. I will miss snacking on fresh raspberries when I come home from work this summer but needs must and out they came. In their place went the peony plants. A much better choice for that space. I moved on to yanking out some of the daisy plants that constantly threaten to choke out every plant in my flower bed and got an entire box full of them. I finally got the skeletons of last years plants removed from the main flower bed. Having accomplished that and finding I still had a little bit of energy left,  I started to lay down the cement pads that will eventually grow into a little patio space under my kitchen window. Another friend gave me 7 pads which is a great start on the patio. I manage to dig  in three pads in before my back said enough for today!! I hauled out the rain barrels and got them where they were are supposed to be. My goal is to have the yard looking as nice as possible with as little maintenance as possible.

I got the floors mopped and vacuumed inside before I completed pooped out for the day. This week my plan is to start cleaning the house one room at a time and getting it back to being how it should be. I need to do this for my own sanity. I also need to keep working on my projects that are all part of my second job "Linda's Finishing Touch" has enough work going for it to keep me out of trouble for awhile. Its all good.

So the challenge for me this week will be to do a room each night I am home. Tuesday night I am having sushi with my friend Cook but other than that I should be able to keep to my plan. (Since this blog is open to the word I am not going to use real names. People that know me will know who I am referring to, either by initials or by something they do very well or a nickname. ) My schedule is opening up and I should have more time to be at home.

The pity party that started this morning is over. I am back on track and so glad I got some things done this weekend. As long as I keep going foreward and improving its great, its when I start staying sorry for myself or moving backward that I will need to worry.  If that ever happens I have a good circle of friends who will snap me out of it I am sure!!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment