Wednesday 11 May 2011

I heart garage sales

I loooooooooooove garage sales, second hand stores, antique shops, thrift stores, auction sales, rummage sales, and bartering or swapping for stuff. I love it. This weekend I am on the other end of the deal, I am doing the selling. Most importantly I am putting my dining room chairs up for sale, I am just putting it out there in the universe that it would be really nice if my chairs would sell.

These chairs have made it well known that they do not wish to be sold but I have no room for them anymore and I need the money to be honest. So far they have avoided, swap and shopon our local radio station, the local web page classifieds, they have dodged several auction sales ( not because of a lack of bidding but that they never made it to the sale for various reasons) and word of mouth has failed to shift them. They are really nice, antique maple ladder backed chairs so its not like they is ugly or nothin' like that there, They just do not seem to want to be sold. Sigh. I would keep them if I had the room but I have no storage space in my little old house.

Say a prayer for me and send a lovely buyer to my garage sale on Sunday with lots of disposable cash in their hand and let them fall instantly in love with my chairs.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment