Tuesday 24 May 2011

Sometimes I just shake my head at myself

I started a quilt top this weekend, this is nothing new to me. I made my first quilt when I was 13 years old and since next month I will be 52 (crap when did that happen???????) I am not new to this quilting game. I have made hundreds of quilts literally. I have the photo album to prove it. Once in a while I can do something dumb that leaves me shaking my head and wondering wtf?

Evidence of being dense:
Example 1:  Notice that you cannot see the points on the diamond shaped piece, the disappear into the seam. Very rookie looking quilt patch. Its puckering and looks sloppy.

Example 2
This is what it should look like, crisp, clean and nothing disappearing into the seams.


This is how it should look when you actually take the time to figure out what you should be doing and how you are to sew the patches together instead of plowing ahead willy nilly and behaving like you have never seen a quilt patch in your life. I did 10 of these babies before I clued into what I was doing wrong. Hmmph. So now I have got a clue, I need to rip out what I did and redo it properly. Why I didn't stop after the first one and get it straight I have no idea.

If I said I liked nothing better than ripping back a bunch of work you would know I was being sarcastic right??

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment