Saturday 14 May 2011

stuck like glue!

Well those dining room chairs of mine have resisted being sold once again. I throw my hands up and shake my head and walk away. Well not totally because I have handed the sales pitch over to someone else who has had great success shifting things on the local web page so work your magic T is all I can say.

Other than the dang chairs it was a good day. Sun was shining, not too warm, no rain, lots of laughs, margaritas for breakfast and chili for lunch. The yard sale went really well. I sold a few things and a most of what is left over will get donated to a local charity shop. I am going to keep one or two things.

I have to admit when I walked around my house this morning it was nice to not have sale stuff all over the place. Its been more and more like an episode of hoarders around here the last little while. I actually ate breakfast at the kitchen table this morning, I can move through the dining room with out going sideways, its heavenly. SO I do not want all this stuff back in my house. It needs to go to someone else's house, not back into mine.

I have decided that the magazine rack/end table that did not sell I am going to re-glue, paint and mosaic tile the top with glass and then I will keep it. I have been bitten by the tiling bug and now I think I need to tile everything!! :-)

Oh I am tired though, garage sales are a lot of work. What I need to do is have some supper, a nap and then spend a quiet evening knitting. Tomorrow I will deal with the mess in the kitchen. I need to repack the leftover sale stuff, tuck it back into the car and then on Monday donate it. I am hoping for a burst of energy tomorrow as there is yard work to be done as well that I have not gotten around to yet. The new plants are growing up in the midst of the old.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment