Saturday 21 May 2011

Before and After

Lets see if I can figure out how to do this add pictures thing to this blog of mine. I want to do a before and after of my attack on my sewing/craft room that had totally gotten out of control
                                                                 God help me this is a mess

Aw much better

I hang my head in shame

soo much better

Its amazing how fast it gets this way

this is how I like it to look

The work in progress baskets

quilt tops waiting for me to get busy and get them quilted. Soon my babies soon!!!

This only took me two hours. I got a box of donation stuff, two garbage bags full of garbage and things are now back in the places where they are supposed to live. Its still raining so I think I will tackle another project as this one is now ready to be stroked off the list. The kitchen is also almost fit for viewing. I still need to wash the floor but until I make the trip to take the stuff to the local charity shop, there is no point. I will do that tomorrow.

I may just take a whack at my recipe book as there is still plenty of afternoon left. The thing is I have a zillion recipes, I will never live long enough to make them all and the fact is if I don't start cooking more I will never make any of them. I copy them, clip them, save them, collect them from friends but don't ever really make them. Biggest reason being that when I want to make something, I cannot find the recipe because it could be in one of a hundred places where I stack this stuff.  My goal is to put the ones I will make, or have tried and really like into a binder then  recycle the ones that I will never use. I have the binder, all I need it to get at it. I have already emptied an accordion file of recipes some time ago but I have not transferred the keepers to the binder. This method works for me because I have all my special Christmas recipes in one album and it saves me a lot of hassle when I go to making the things I love to make at Christmas time. I know you can find any recipe  on the Internet and I do not need even the binder  but I am old school I like to have the paper in my hand. :-) besides I do not have a lap top, my computer is in the craft room and I would have to print out every recipe in order to make it each time. WASTE WASTE WASTE not good for the environment all that printing.

I am a collector, I could be a hoarder if I let myself. My goal is to keep things from getting totally out of control. I will always have clutter but I need to control it, keep it at bay and not let it take over. I am getting better, its work but I am getting better. Well before the mood passes and my knitting or my quilting calls to me I need to get at the recipe binder.

Since to day I am in a sort it out, clean it out mood, it would be a good time to get going on this. 

Later, Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment