Saturday 21 May 2011

The Best Laid Plans

Well I had plans, big plans, big yard working plans for this long weekend. I bounced out of bed this morning completely intending to get out there and get stuff done. Make my house look like someone actually lived here and that it was not an abandoned building. It's raining. Now I have lived here long enough to know that long weekend in the summer equals rain and I had decided that I would still go out and work because weeds are easier to pull when the ground is damp. Right?? Apparently I am a wimp. Its pouring, its windy, its yucky and after I got back from groceries I was cold and miserable so I decided to switch plans. Yard work later house work now.

So in order to consol myself because my day was not turning out like I had hoped I treated myself to breakfast at McDonalds. Its one of those guilty pleasures that makes people go EWWWW when you tell them you actually like McDonald's breakfasts. Breakfast burritos, chock full of stuff that is not good for me but I don't care, they are yummy. They do have really good coffee too. Its strong but its really good and its driving the damp cold out of my bones this morning.

The new plan is wash out the fridge, clean the kitchen, wash kitchen floor. Box up all the donation stuff to go to a second hand store which is currently all over my kitchen table. Then once the kitchen is done I am going to tackle the sewing/craft room. I may never be seen again. It needs to be done though, the place is over run with supplies, junk, projects and nothing has been put where it should be. A place for everything and everything in its place. Maybe I will try taking before and after pictures and see if I can post them. Time I learned how to do that. I know I love to see pictures on other peoples blogs.

Well my coffee is almost finished and before HGTV sucks me in and waste the day, I need to get my butt into the kitchen and start to work. I have an entire page, two columns on my "to do" list today so I need to get busy. Turn up the music, I am goin' in.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment