Saturday 4 May 2013

Thinking About Being Thankful

I woke up this lovely Saturday morning to nothing but the sound of Minou purring away at the end of my bed. It was bliss and instantly I was grateful that the sound of a lonely dog barking his heart out was not what jarred me into wakefulness. I was happy, I woke gently, and most importantly I was grateful.

As I got up and went about the business of getting ready to get on with my day, I got to thinking about all the things in my life, or even just during each day that make me grateful and how I need to start focusing more on that than the things that go wrong. I can dwell on the have not, rather than the have if I let myself which leads to the pity parties which are not fun for anyone.

First of all, yesterday, I had the chance to work during lunch so that meant I got to leave early on a Friday. Granted I had to miss lunch with my friends but I got out 45 minutes early.....on a Friday.....BONUS!!. I made a stop at the fabric store for quilt material. (grateful). I made my purchase, (on sale grateful) and went to put them in the car. While I was placing my purchase on the passenger side, I noticed half my stick pin brooch laying on the front seat. ACK, I love this little stick pin, a gift from a dear friend, a sparkly, crystal studded dainty little cat and mouse. The cat was in the car but not the mouse, nor was the mouse attached to my shirt. Instant heart break, but I held onto the slim hope I could find it. I had only been in the fabric store, I could back track and hopefully I could find it. As I walked around the car to the drivers side there was my mouse, twinkling at me by the drivers door ( big time grateful). I practically did a little dance right there in the parking lot. Well, truthfully I did but don't tell anyone!!

Thursday night I was out making greeting cards with some friends, (so grateful). These women are so creative, intelligent, funny and easy to be around, it is always wonderful fun to spend an evening with them. (grateful x5). I got some lovely cards made, had lots and lots of laughs. How could one not be grateful?? As always Friday night was No Cook Friday. (grateful for this group for going on four years now). What a wonderful night we had, we had an absolutely perfect, delicious beyond words meal at Komfort Kitchen. This restaurant is my new favourite place to go. Honestly, none of us had a complaint. Everything was perfect and when we had dessert I swear I thought I had gone to heaven. (pecan pie with really good coffee gratitude). Finishing off the evening at the local coffee shop, laughing until your sides hurt is the very best way to end a week (still able to be silly gratitude)

I have recently started something that requires me to grind down cinnamon sticks. I have been doing it by hand and its hard work. I decided I want a spice grinder but its not in the budget at this time. Going through the flyers this week and there is a spice grinder, regular $17.99 for $8.99. (grateful) Needless to say I have one now.

I went to Stupid Store this morning because they had bread and yogurt on a really good sale. I am not fond of shopping there much any more but I could suck it up for the bargain. Got there only to discover that while the yogurt WAS on a really good sale it was a limit of 1. GRRR, (not so grateful). Looking on the bright side, I did get 4 loaves of bread for the price of two at the other stores. I did find the bacon/onion marmalade I have been wanting to try for months but could never find in stupid Stupid Store. (grateful in the end) and I got in and out of the store before the Saturday hoards descended on the place.

There was no big line up at Tim's when I went to get my guilty pleasure breakfast biscuit and coffee this morning ( grateful). I got to the gas station before the tank went dry (grateful for avoiding a call to CAA for gas rescue). Now I am home, I have taken out the garbage and all the recycle, I have had breakfast and am ready to begin the Saturday house work. and its not even 11:00 am yet, PLUS I have done a blog post. (more gratitude)

I have good friends, good family, good job, a house I love, a car to drive, food in the fridge and money to keep me in comfort. (BIG gratitude) I have projects to work on, books to read and the ability to learn and do and create as I please. I am reaching my goals with my walking. I am working on getting healthy and pleased with my progress. I am slowly working on loosing my excess tonnage, and the scale is going in the right direction again and I have a trip to Ireland to look forward. (I am one thankful bunny) .  Not to mention the sun is shining, the weather is warm and it looks like at long last we have spring!! ( warm weather grateful)

I know I have rambled on a bit, but this is only the tip of the iceberg. Each day is filled with so many things to be grateful for. I am working on seeing the bright side, finding the silver lining and to stop focusing on the negative!! You should try it, it makes you feel good.

Happy Weekending

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment