Sunday 26 May 2013

Another Weekend Finished

It was wet, overcast, damp and dreary, at least weather wise but it was a good weekend anyway. How can it not be a good weekend when it starts out with No Cook Friday?? Fun times as always. Then Saturday KitKat and I went yard saling. (KitKat is part of my No Cook group, I have always referred to her as S until now but she has three cats so KitKat popped into my head today as a blog name for her)

We has an awesome time. We missed having the Banker with us, as she usually comes on these trips with us but she was going to spend her day doing yard work for her Mom, then she and her Sweet Baboo were going for a motorcycle ride. They are going to ride out to BC soon so they are practicing endurance right now. Anyway KitKat and I hit the sales at 8:30 am and we did not part ways until 2:30 in the afternoon.

We managed a coffee break and a lunch in there but mostly we shopped. I love yard sales, I managed to find a laundry basket full of treasures for less than $20.00  I did not get around to taking pictures of it all but trust me, it was all good stuff. I got some pins to add to my brooch collection, two bread pans, a metal key to hang outside on the veranda, two cookie tins, a little planter box, a hook to hang on a door that will hand a number of things up, a ruby glass bowl, a pair of vintage plaques shaped like owls, a curtain rod, a Mexican blanket, a vintage linen table cloth with yellow roses on it, a crocheted runner, a black iron plate/picture stand, two old pictures made from the tiniest shells arranged to look like flower bouquets, two old pint milk bottles, a plaster piggy bank who looks like a little pig in overalls  that I am going to use as a door stop. Oh yes and a rubber singing, dancing birthday cake. I think that is it for what I managed to collect. It all cost me $19.50. Not bad for a days entertainment. I do not do this every week. I have little room in my house for stuff. KitKat got new curtains, new kitchen cabinet door pulls, a stone goose garden ornament, and a black iron piramid plant climbing thing that she can put in her yard and let a vine grow up. I don't know what they are called, a cage, an oblisk, an I don't know what but you have all seen them I am sure.

I saw ever so many things that I would have picked up for a cottage. I would so love to have a cottage, its among the top ten things that I would purchase when I win the lottery. When I get my cottage, I will be furnishing it almost entirely with yard sale finds. I would love to do that. I saw a perfect little cabinet that would have made a great tv stand, just needed to be painted and new door pulls. Ah well. I will have such fun when I get my cottage.

Today, I finally managed to get the kitchen sorted out, the laundry done and I recovered four dining chairs for Teddy Bear today. She called me earlier today and we went looking for material for her chairs and new curtains for her kitchen. She has decided on a paint colour and she has agreed to let us paint her kitchen cabinets so off to the fabric store we went to get some material.\

We found a lovely floral print that has blue, yellow and some hits of green. Her walls are going to a creamy yellow, the chairs are now the floral, the curtains will be a medium blue, and the cabinets a warm white. Its going to be lovely when its all finished. Then we will move on to the living room and then her bedroom. I did not get before and after pictures of the chairs but I will for sure show off the afters once we have the room finished.

I was so happy to be able to do the chairs for her. We got the material this afternoon and I had the chairs done by supper time. Simple, simple, simple chair pads to be covered. Easy easy easy. They look so nice and fresh now. I like to be able to help out my friends as I can.

Well I need to go deal with the laundry, then go remake the bed. Time for the flannelette sheets to be stored away for the summer and the percal ones to come out. I was going to do this last week but I chickened out. Tonight for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment