Tuesday 21 May 2013

Little Blessings

Back to work today, back to the same old routine, back to the walking track and back to eating healthy and taking my medication, (like I am supposed to). I have slacked off on some of this recently but I made myself a promise that today I would get back on track and be doing what I am supposed to be doing. In spite of the lazy, glutinous side of myself which wins a lot of my arguements on lifestyle, I do want to be healthy, I don't want to be fat for the rest of my life, I want to be able to move pain free!! I want to fit into the world. The only way to do that is work!! I get that!! No easy fixes, or miracles, just plain old work

So started today with the proper meals, the proper meds and back to the walking track.

This so looks worse that it actually is but this is my life now, I am old and decrepit 

It was soooooooooooo nice, a small blessing, no a large blessing, that walking today was relatively pain free!! Whoot!!! Thank goodness for the good pain meds the doctors can give you. My knee started to kick up on the last two rounds but that is nothing considering it used to hurt on the first round and be screaming by round 18. Pain reduction means I also have a reduction in my reluctance to actually go walking. I talked myself out of walking all last week, not good, I need to be in shape for Ireland. This will help me, actually, get to the walking track easier. I am working on my attitude about this, it needs to be positive and stay that way.

Speaking of the walking track, I actually lapped someone today. FIRST TIME EVER. How fast they were going in not important, what is important is that I was going faster than them!! I am usually the slowest person on the track. That is ok because there is more of me to haul around the track that everyone else there so I am ok with being slow. Better to be there and be slow that to sit at home, doing nothing but adding to the tonnage that is me. I can tell you I am feeling more than a little smug about lapping not just one but two women today. Nearly yelled "Booya" when I passed them but I refrained.

Meals are still tough but tonight I had left overs from the weekend and that was a blessing. I love not to have to think about cooking something. This is something I need to work on but its not an impossible task. Its means I need to be organized and less lazy about this cooking deal.

So blessings all over the place!! Its been a great day!! I feel like I am back on the right track. Just need to stay there and keep plugging away at it. Water on a stone baby, water on a stone!!

Toodles,
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment