Sunday 19 May 2013

Irish Supper

My dear friend The Hostess worked her usual magic in the kitchen and whipped up an Irish dinner for a select group that was so delicious. I was there, the Banker and her Sweet Baboo, Teddy Bear and the Hostess' Wonderful Man were gathered together for an evening of seriously good food, good wine, good beer, good conversation and lots of laughter. The Hostess cooked up this feast in connection with the Banker and I going to Ireland this year.

We received Irish Blessings, we recited limericks and we had just the best time. We dined royally on veggie mash (carrots and parsnips) lamb ribs cooked in wine, Irish stew made with lamb and Guinness beer, salad and two kinds of soda bread. One with raisins and caraway seeds, and one plain. The dinner was topped off with sticky toffee pudding with Irish whiskey cream. Yum Yum Yum. That woman can cook. I have never once gone to her home to eat that it was not straight up delicious.

I did not have my camera and I did not ask permission to use the photos she took of the food here, so you will just have to trust me that it was good. She should be doing a food blog to help those of us that are somewhat challenged in the cooking department. I can cook but I am not a GOOD cook and I would like to be. In my imagination I am but reality is something else.

It was a lovely evening with good people. I so enjoy smart conversation, good food, humour and spending time with people who are dear to me. Tis grand altogether!!

Toodles,

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment