Monday 1 April 2013

April Fools the Joke is on Me

So its April 1st and I have the flu. How happy am I??? Its a lovely way to start my week off. I am not horribly sick, but just off enough to want to spend my time curled up on the couch and doing nothing. Chills, fever, queasy tummy, achy, the whole lovely package. It started yesterday and is still here today. I went to bed at 9:30 last night and did not drag myself up until just before 10 this morning.

I won't go on and on about it. I know I can be a big baby when I don't feel well but no one wants to listen to it for too long. It was a busy week last week. The Nurse and the Entertainer came for a few days visit last week. I had a full calender so I could not spend as much time with them as I would have liked but they are happy to come and go as they please. The Entertainer is beyond cute. My home is filled with Cinderella, Barbie, crayons and story books while she is here. She loves to sing and play pretend. She loves to gather up all my stuffed pigs and play farm with them. Its a joy to watch her. We had a great time selling pigs to each other.

Last week was book club, No Cook Friday was celebrated on Thursday then I headed off to spend the weekend with The Carpenter and Busy. The Pilot and Miss Mouse were home as well. The Farmer did not come with Miss Mouse, he is getting ready for seeding. The Teacher did not come with The Pilot as she was in Cuba with her sister so it was just the original members of the family.  It was a lovely weekend. They had a funeral to attend so I spent some time on my own but its not like they had planned it, I did not mind. I got seven puppets made which made me happy. I headed home yesterday and now I have a week off. I hope I get over what ever it is that I have and I can get at the mile long "To Do" list that I have done up for this week. I wanted to wall paper and then replace floors in both bathrooms. Time will tell.

Well I am going to go sort the laundry. I can at least do that inbetween naps on the couch. I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend. I may even try to shorten some pants and fix some shirts that have been in the mending pile for far too long.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment