Monday 25 March 2013

One by One the Projects Get Done

Slowly, steadily, piece by piece the projects are getting done around here. First the puppet order got mailed away and now I have completed last year's quilt for Blarney Night:


It a  disappearing nine patch, queen sized and completed!! I will be able to deliver it this weekend and that makes me happy. Next I can move on to a toddler quilt, another queen sized quilt, and then two quilts for me. Have I mentioned that I LOVE to quilt??? Of all the crafts I do, quilting is my top one. I made my first quilt when I was 13 years old, sewed it entirely by hand and I knew I had found my bliss. Weaving comes in a close second but I don't spend as much time at that as I would like.

What is Blarney Night?? Well let me tell you, Blarney Night is a fund raiser that my old church does each year and it raises a good portion of the money they need to keep the Church running. I am so happy to donate to it each year and I am happy that my quilts bring in a decent donation each year. Even though I no longer attend, I am still a member and I like to do this, makes me feel like I am helping.

SO now I have cleared the deck to start on a cute little pink and white number. Well its this pattern but think white background with pink stars:


It for my cousin's first granddaughter. I am going to work her name to the top as well. A trip to the fabric store is in short order. I also want to get sewing on the Blarney Night quilt for this year, (yes, I am a year behind, shut up!!). Its a goal to have a quilt made for 2014 so they can have the actual quilt at the actual auction. I have not done that for a few years and I need to get my act together.

I have so many quilts dancing through my head right now, I love it!! Its amazing when I finish one, a whole batch of new ones pop into my imagination and dance around, begging to be made. I love it!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment