Sunday 28 April 2013

Silent Sunday

I do believe that Sir Barks-a-Lot has moved to a new home. Not a bark, or a moan, or a woof since April 15th. I hope he is romping about on a great big farm, barking his fool head off at anything that moves and loving every minute of it. I hope he is happy and loved and busy doing dog stuff. I don't know where he went or what happened to him but I hope he is happy. I am happy. I can sleep without him jarring me into a state of wakefulness at an insane hour on a weekend morning. I can go out my front door without him instantly announcing to the world that something is outside his yard and its MOVING!!

Book club happened this week. Maybe one of the best meetings we have had. Lots of talk and sharing, eating and laughing. Bittersweet though as we are saying good bye to Suzy Q. She is off to a new province, a new life and lots of new memories and good times. We will miss her in our little group.

Yesterday I had tea in the afternoon with the Hostess. We have not had a chance to get together for sometime what with vacations, jobs, and life getting in the way. It was lovely to sit in her cozy house, with a pot of chamomile home made cinnamon buns. My goodness that woman can cook!!

I met my new neighbour yesterday. He seems to be a rather nice young man, I think he is military and he is renting and renovating the place next door. Its was nice to finally put a face to the changes over there.

Today I need to do a couple of errands, laundry, and then spend the day puttering.  I started a baby blanket yesterday for a co-worker. I want to go today and get the material to start a quilt for one my cousin's granddaughter. I should stay home and sort out the sewing room. Its getting to that point where there is not a spare inch of counter or work space. I will see. I may talk myself out of going out at all. Sundays are my lazy day as I have mentioned before. I like it that way.


Well I have a pot of coffee calling my name, some crocheting is also wanting my attention and I have promised myself I will empty the dishwasher and throw a load into the washing machine before I do any of the fun things.

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment