Saturday 13 April 2013

Where Did the Week Go?


Its been  hectic and busy and crazy and the end result is the week has zoomed by. Here we are at the weekend again. What a wonderful place to end up!! Last night was games night with the No Cook Friday gals. I have sore ribs this morning from laughing so much!! We had a blast. We gathered at the Banker's place, ordered pizza, The Hockey Fan brought cheesecake and then we played Cranium and Dutch Blitz. We wrapped it up at 11:00 because we plain and simply were exhausted from the fun. I love that group. Its the best way to end a week, laughing with this wonderful, intelligent, funny ladies.

Thankfully Sir Barks-a-lot got me up and going just after 7:00 am this morning. That really sounds like I lept out of bed and got loads done, doesn't it Truthfully, I cursed his owners a bit, then I read for an hour and then  I got up. I went out and got some breakfast, came back here, started to blog while I finish my first coffee of the day. My goal is (BIG SUPRISE!!) to clean the kitchen. That room is in a perpetual state of craptasticness at any given time. However this cleaning is not just a lick and a promise, lots of soap, water and a little bleach with be involved as well as baking soda, ammonia and borax. I plan to move all the stuff off the counters, scrub it all down, wash the floor, wash out the fridge, remove the recycle and garbage, put things back in place not just let them linger on the table as I am prone to doing and then move my cleaning frenzy into the living room.

Sometime today I need to hack a path through the ice so I can get to the dumpsters. I had a path shoveled but it was a path based on about a foot of packed snow, which is now turning to ice. That snow is also  starting to melt,  so walking to the back is a hoot. You take a couple of steps and you either slide off the packed snow or your foot goes through it. Things are piling up in the porch and measures need to be taken. I am amazed at the amount of recycle I have in this house. I need to work on cutting that down. I will leave the shoveling until later this afternoon. The forecast is warm and sunny so I am hoping the snow will soften and be easier to clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment