Wednesday 3 April 2013

One More Job off the List

While I was out and about this morning, I managed to purchase some new batteries for my camera and therefore I can show you pictures of what I have been up to the last two days. First of all the wall paper in the laundry room. TA DAH!!!!


I really need to find an old picture of what was there before so you can completely appreciate how pretty this looks now. I love my little canister set. It holds oxi-clean, baking soda, borax and washing soda. So much cuter that having the boxes lined up on the shelf. I found them at a thrift store and they are plastic so very easy to clean. The blue bottle is homemade laundry soap. I am currently looking for a nice bottle to keep the bleach in and I will be a happy camper.

That was my yesterday, wallpapering, which is something I actually like to do. Today I tackled the bathroom floor. I have a small bathroom on my main floor tucked discreetly under the stair well. When I moved in, we, (The Carpenter, Busy and I) removed the pink carpet and he laid down lovely white cushion floor. I loved it, it was so fresh and clean. Then the toilet needed to be replaced which left a lovely gap in the flooring at the base of the toilet. Crap!! So I had these nice grey tiles that I had used in the entry and the upper hallway so I put them in and was happy again. Not as pretty as the white floor but cheap and functional, plus I could do it myself. Problem solved so I thought.


One of the joys of living in a century plus old home is that fact that the house moves, shifts and generally lives a life of its own. Over time my nice little grey tiles shifted and slid and left gaps. Ugly gaps where filth collected and gave me the heebie jeebies every time I went in there.



So today I replaced it. Thankfully I have left overs from the living and dining room floors which is laminate planking that will float over the sub floor. No more cracks and gunk collecting. I pulled up the old and replaced it with new and I have to say I am happy with the result. Once again a cheap and easy solution that I could do myself.


The only thing I have to do is get a new metal trim piece for the doorway. I ruined the old one removing it. One stripped screw and I ended up bending it beyond redemption  Its not the worse thing in the world. It was too short for the doorway anyway. Originally installed when there was still carpet in the craft room. I tell this house was wall to wall to wall pink carpet on the main floor when I bought it. YIKES. Tonight before I go to bed I will caulk around the toilet and I am finished. Its not an easy job but I am rather proud of myself that its done and looks as good as it does. 

Tomorrow I have a day out planned with the banker, then sometime over the weekend I am going to see if I can fix the mess changing the toilet in the upstairs bathroom made of the floor. I have an idea of what I would like to do but I don't want to say anything yet in case I cannot do it. 

There you have it, my last two days in a nut shell. I am very happy to be scratching these jobs of my to do list. 

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment