Saturday 20 April 2013

Best Laid Plans

I had a plan for this weekend. I was going to get groceries, run some other errands, then come home and organize the sewing room. Well I got the errands run. E called me last week and said she had a ton of magazines at her house she wanted me to pick up, so why did I not come get them on Saturday and we could do something. My shopping/errand running turned into quick errand running and then lunch at my favourite cafe/gift shop. Then more shopping, drop E off, pick up Teddy Bear, head to a birthday party for my friend The Artist. She turned 50 today and she is retiring to New Brunswick with her husband, they leave next month.

The party was so nice that I stayed longer than I thought I would, but now I am at home, quick supper then I am off to the movies with E. She wants to see 42 and yes I have seen it already but I told her I would take her tonight since she has no one to go with. She is not the sort to go to the movies on her own. I don't mind, I really did like the show. The sewing room is still a mess but you know what, its ok. No one will be harmed if it stays this way for another day.

I am going to work on a quilt tomorrow so the clean up can wait. Laundry will need to be done but as to the rest we will see what the day brings. I did get the paint for my bedroom's night tables. They are a nice french vanilla colour at the moment but seeing as how I am going to be finally painting the room this year I decided the night tables would look nice being a cobalt blue. I bought that paint, and stuff to (hopefully) fix the upstairs bathroom floor, new taps for the downstairs bathroom, and the strips for the door jams for the kitchen and the downstairs bathroom. I ruined the door strip when I removed the old flooring. Next pay day I am going to get new taps for the kitchen sink.

Right now I am going to go knit for a while until it is time to pick up E for the show.  I have had a lovely day so far considering that I have not precious little that I planned to do

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment