Saturday 13 April 2013

I Have Some Pride

Because I do have some pride there are going to be no BEFORE pics in this post. No one should have to see that. I will however happily share the afters. I know I pretty much mention every weekend having to clean the kitchen. Its the room that gets out of control the quickest and seems to be permanently messy in my house. I love my kitchen, I would like to gut it and rearrange the lay out but I love it.

So after my coffee was done this morning, I got out the CD player, John Fogerty, Patsy Cline and the Bare Naked Ladies joined me in beating hell out of the mess that was. Dishes done, dish washer emptied and filled again, counters were cleared. Counter tops were scrubbed down, all items given a wash and then returned, all nice and clean to their places. Now my kitchen looks like this....


and this....


still more...


(Don't get me started on who puts a sink at the bitter end of the counter?)

And last view........


yes I need to de-clutter the top of the hutch. I see that now. Sigh. Its just one thing after another is thing old house. A constant battle against myself. My hoarderish, clutter loving self which battles constantly with the other half of me that wants order and tidiness. Ah well that is all the wonderfulness that makes me the me I am.

I am off to vacuum the stuffing out of the living room and then its going to slide from a cleaning weekend to a crafty one for this old lady. WHOOP!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment