Tuesday 2 April 2013

One Job Done, a Million to Go

Am feeling much better today but I am not 100 % yet. In fact all I want to do right now is go have a snooze on the couch and I will before I think about supper, HappilyI am much much much better than I was yesterday. The queasy feeling is almost gone and mostly I am just tired and achy. Yesterday it was all mopping about, sleeping and feeling sorry for myself, today has been better.

I got up about 9:30 after laying in bed reading for awhile. I love to do that, wake, read for awhile and then get up. I made breakfast, stripped the bed, washed towels and sheets, did the dishes and worked on some puppets. I have another order for 7 puppets from a school so I decided to get at them. One of the Book Club members stopped in this afternoon for a bit of a natter. When she left I got busy and did a job that has been waiting to be completed for around 8 years.

I finally finished the wall paper in the laundry room. Busy did the upper half shortly after I bought the house and she and the Carpenter were here working like rented mules for me. I had told her to leave the rest of it and I would finish it. Today it finally happened. Its all done. The orange and green paper is covered with my lovely blue stripey paper. I would love to show you pictures, before and after but sadly the batteries in my camera died just as I went to take the before picture. I knew in my heart of hearts  that if I stopped and went out for batteries, the wallpapering would never happen. I wanted to have the pictures but wanting the papering done won out. Once I get batteries tomorrow I will take some after pictures for you. Maybe I can scan an old before shot to give you an idea of what it looked like. That is if I get my scanner working.

Tomorrow I am hoping to work up the energy to work on the floor in either bathroom. They both need to be replaced. Jobs like this would be so much easier if I could get onto my knees but that hurts way to much to even entertain the idea. Ah well, I will belly flop around and get it done. I have done the floors in this house that way so I think I can continue to do it.

For now, the couch is calling my name and I am more than happy to go and snuggle up on it.

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment