Monday 18 March 2013

You Know You Are Going to Have a Bad Monday When..

You get up at 3:00 am and you stomp into a puddle on the bathroom floor. Yep a big old puddle. I instantly thought Minou had peed on the floor. So cursing the poor innocent cat I stomped back to my bedroom to retrieve my glasses and put on some lights. I do not normally bother with lights and glasses as I know where everything is in the dark. It was not kitty pee, it was the stupid toilet. Somewhere on the tank there is a crack or a loose something and water was streaming out onto the floor. Much cursing and fumbling about but I finally go the tank emptied, the water shut off and the floor dried. Feeling a little smug that I caught it before it turned into a truly big deal.

I went back to bed but had a hard time getting back to sleep trying to figure out what to do about the toilet because I have company coming next week. The Nurse and the Entertainer are coming to stay and we need to have a working bathroom upstairs. One can't expect a little girl to truck down a flight of stairs in the dark if she needs to go. Finally I got an hour or more of sleep and woke to the weatherman telling me about the snow storm. Crap!!

Up I get, I need to shower and get outside to determine if I need to shovel or not. Down the stairs, zoom through the living room and did a lovely skid through a puddle of water in the dining room. Miss Smug did not catch the leak before it became a bigger deal. Mind you it could have been worse, the dining room ceiling is still up where the ceiling belongs and thankfully there are no noticeable water stains but I had to mop up a small lake in the dining room. Hrumph. More cursing and swearing.

Shower, shovel, then off to work. Of course while I was dressing I managed to drop a particularly favourite ceramic pin on the floor and it shattered into three pieces. Its glueable but I manged to swear even more. The air in my house was decidedly blue this morning. I figured once I got out of the back lane without getting stuck, things were definitely headed in the right direction. Believe me, if things had kept up going the way they were going, I would have headed back home, crawled back into bed and pulled the covers over my head.

As always, I have very good friends. Regaling my buddies with my tale of plumbing woes this morning netted me the name of a handyman who can fix my toilet for me actually replace it for me, for a reasonable cost. He will also look at the dishwasher and seemed agreeable to putting new taps in the upstairs bathroom. Sweet!! The lower I can keep the costs the better but these things have to be fixed. I should have my new toilet on Wednesday.

Here is to tomorrow being less eventful!!

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment