Sunday 24 March 2013

Sunday Snipets

Oh I cannot believe the weekend is nearly over, that its nearly time to head back to work again. I wonder how old to you have to be before you get over that Sunday night back to school Monday morning feeling. I still get it. I like my job but I like my free time even more. I am perfectly happy puttering about my house and being on my own time table. Ah well, the up side is I just have three days and then I have 11 off. That warms the cockles of my heart let me tell you.

Today was a typical Sunday for me. Sleeping in, inspite of the neighbours dog going bonkers at 7:30 this morning. It only lasted for 20 minutes and we have had some bark free weekend mornings so I am trying to stay positive. I managed to doze and then I read for awhile before I actually got up. Standard bacon, egg, hashbrown, toast and coffee breakfast was consumed. Messaged with my dear friend in Ontario for a while t before I got my act together and got some stuff done.

I finished the laundry, cleaned the kitchen, put the stuff back into the laundry room after having to get into the basement. I emptied the dishwasher and filled it again. I even washed the dining room floor, cleaning up the last of the mess from the flood that was. Returned all the cleaners to their rightful place under the sink now the dishwasher is working again. What a joy that is. I am not fond of doing dishes by hand, never was really.

Best News!! I finished the quilt. That made me do the drunken monkey dance of joy. It is done in time to come with me when I go to see The Carpenter and Busy at Easter. Its belongs to Busy's sister so this works out fantastic. I have four more quilts lined up to make and two tops waiting to be quilted. I shall not lack for projects. I have not taken pictures of the new quilt yet. I will do that soon and post them. It was lovely this afternoon, watching Three Coins in the Fountain on TCM and quilting. My idea of one of the better ways to spend a quiet sunny Sunday afternoon.

I hope you had as lovely a weekend as I did.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment