Saturday 9 March 2013

Moaning and Groaning and Feeling a Little Sorry for Myself

Well we got more snow today not enough to bury us again but enough to be a pain. I did not go out and shovel. The reason for that is the moaning and groaning portion of our blog post today. I don't know what did it or why, but my legs and knees are so sore today I would happily chop them off. Every step is a chore and a pain. I know this will get better and it is probably just the damp weather but oiy it has me feeling sorry for my little self. I was out and about this morning and ran errands for two or so hours, by the time I got home I was worn out. The last doctor I saw suggested I cut down on the pain killers, so I am trying not to take anything.  I have to say I am feeling it. I need to go get some natural remedies that will not be so hard on my system and hopefully help ease the pain. When I get to see my own Doctor in April I will see if he can give me something. I have osteoarthritis in one knee and I think its spreading. I could rattle on for days about my aches and pains but I am not completely ready to become that sort of person. Just having a little pity party, I will get over it, in time, I think...............

Moving on for today. I did get the groceries and I got them put away. I did the dishes and some laundry. I got to Walmart for cat food and litter. I snooped around Michaels for Cuttlebug stuff and I got to the Dollarstore, finally, to get some odds and ends I needed that are cheap there. I FINALLY got the flannelette for the quilt. Ouch that stuff is expensive now, but I did get some on sale. Its washed up and tonight before bed I will get the back all sewn together and ready to quilt. I am so looking forward to a day of quilting. Winter days are perfect for quilting. I have three movies taped so its gonna be a lovely day!! Oh yes and I got a new printer WITH a scanner. Its going to be lovely to be able to scan stuff again. I did not know how much I missed it until I could not do it.

I had thought I might clean out the freezer today or make some soup but that did not happen. I may be able to do that tomorrow. I have the stuff to through together two soups and I am sick of running out of lunch stuff before the week is over. Like I said, I have great intentions but my body does not always get the memo. I napped on the couch this afternoon, played on the computer and knit some.

I have vowed to make the Hummingbird puppet tonight and get that order into the mail on Monday. I do have to go out tomorrow and try and find the gloved to finish those mitts I knit. I looked today but could not find any and I know they are out there. I am hoping that walking will be much easier tomorrow.

I have to share this picture from my back yard with you. It makes me smile.


Poor little flamingo, he looks so pissed off at being buried in the snow, I smile every time I walk by. His partner is totally buried. Looks like he should have got a better GPS.

Hummingbird is calling my name. I will be back later.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment