Saturday 18 February 2012

Wonderful Saturday

This has been a really good day, a really really good day. I was up and out and about this morning, managed to find a baptism gift for the grandbaby. Its not much, just a little keepsake for her special day on Monday. I then came home and zipped out to have lunch with friends. Yummy yummy french onion soup and Reuben sandwiches, fresh strawberries and protein bars for dessert. They may have been healthy good for you protein bars but they tasted like cake.

I then got home, chatted on the phone with E and made tentative plans for tea tomorrow, I do have the Nurse staying with me this weekend so I have to find out her plans for tomorrow. She has others in town she will be visiting. The Entertainer did not come with her mommy but stayed home with Granny and Grandpa.  I chatted with M as well for a brief time. I watched tv and worked on a donation blanket until the Nurse arrived and we when out for Chinese food. Oh yes and before I headed out for supper the Hostess stopped in and we got to have a little chat. Now I am home for the night, stuffed with super good food and feeling content for having spent a wonderful day with friends. Even the weather was wonderful today, so spring like for this time of year. We are usually in the dead of winter not enjoying the balmy warm winds of  the springlike variety. I know we will pay for it at some time, but this is my kind of winter. I love it. Currently the Nurse is off out visiting with some friends. It is just me and the cat for the evening.

On the practical side of things I finally got the last of the Christmas decorations down, I finally took the lights off the front of the house today. I know, I am hanging my head in shame and  I am sure the neighbours were starting to talk. Its nice to have them down and put away for another year. Sadly like most things that I make into a huge deal, it took all of five minutes to pop the things down and bag them up.

I have several more blocks crocheted for the latest donation blanket I am working on. I have and extraordinary amount of bits and pieces of left over wool. I am determined to make blankets until it is all used up. The local woman's shelter will benefit from all these leftovers. I was going to make felt animals today but that just has not worked out yet. Maybe I will get at them tomorrow. I would like to get them done.

Well, I am thinking I will spend the remainder of the evening tucked up in my favourite chair, crocheting afghan squares and watch British comedies on the tv, while the cat snoozes in the other chair. We are quite a wild pair, we two.
Poor baby has to share the chair with one of my knitting books

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment