Thursday 16 February 2012

Day Two Part Deux

I had a burst of energy later on in the evening and I finally got the DVD cabinet put together. It is not what I truly want but right at the moment paying someone to build me the cabinet I want is not do-able. So this is my substitute that I got at Canadian Tire for $30.00. So here is the before and after shots.
This little blue and white cabinet has been all over the house. It was purchased ant Eaton's and I love it, it is great for storage but it totally does not match anything in the living room. It is mearly there to hold things while I looked for something to take its place. That would be this
I will be making a curtain to hid the bottom three shelves.

In time I will get a cabinet made with doors and such, deeper shelves and a little taller but until I can afford to pay someone to make it, this will do. It was my thrifty purchase at Canadian Tire for $30.00 and it holds all the things I need it to hold. I will spend some time rearranging things on it until I get it to feel right. I am just glad to have it up and filled. 

The blue and white cabinet will be moved upstairs. To be honest I have not really got the space for it but I cannot part with it. So it will go somewhere upstairs. I wish I could fit it into the kitchen but I just can't. It holds a  ton of stuff for being such a little cabinet.

I also managed to finish a poncho I was knitting for a co-worker.
It looks a little wild in the picture but in person it is not that wild. Once again my mad photography skilz are making themselves known. It has cables
You can sort of see them in this picture. I am so happy to have this finished to give to her. She is going to be in town on Saturday so the pressure was on. It took me longer to knit than I anticipated. No pattern, just another poncho to go by. I hope she likes it.

Well I need to go to bed, correction, I need to go make my bed so I can go to bed. I washed all the bedding, mattress cover included today. So I will be crawling into a lovely clean bed. One of my favorite things to do is be fresh out of the shower, clean as can be and then slip into a fresh clean bed. Its an incredible feeling. 

Well there we go, two blog posts in one day. Yikes!! 

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment