Thursday 2 February 2012

Sometimes I shake my head at myself

It is said that to repeat the same action over and over, expecting  a different outcome is the definition of insanity. Well some days  I think I am the walking, talking poster child for insanity. The details of my little repetitive actions are not important, they are not illegal, dangerous or nasty, just annoying to the nth degree and costly.  The important thing is I keep doing it. I know better, I try to make a change but for some reason occasionally a part of my mind shuts off, turns to mush, leaks out my ears leaving me brainless and prone to repetitive idiocy. I land myself back in the same spot over and over. Blarrgh!!! I am so done with this.

As much as I would love to let little Miss Crankypants field these shenanigans I am a big girl, I acknowledge this is a monster of my own making and as such, I need to get control and STOP THE INSANITY!!! ( does anyone but me remember that little catch phrase??), Sigh, I really don't like being the grown up at times but needs must and once again I will tidy up the carnage, all the while promising to endeavour to stop repeating the process. Wish me luck, I need all the help I can get. I am my own worst enemy. So Miss Get Over It and Get On With It will do clean up and we will start again. (For those of you that don't know who I am talking about, the two Misses are my split personalities, I am a true Gemini)

Moving on, last night was a lot of fun. I had my book club here for the evening and then J stayed on so she did not have to drive the half hour home to her family. It was late, foggy and she did not have to do her car pool the next day so staying was perfect. We had a wonderful evening as we always do. Lots of talking, laughing and eating. They are a fun group of women, smart, entertaining and interesting. I always feel the night has been a success when the evening lingers on towards 10pm before someone makes a move to go home. Last night was a good evening. I really enjoy entertaining, I just wish I was better at it.

Tomorrow night, Best Friend will be here for the weekend. Yahoo!! Its always good when she gets to come for a visit. I am hoping to get some knitting time done on the poncho I am working on but that may not happen. We shall have to see how busy the weekend gets.  I really want to get it finished and sent away.

 I have three vacation days coming up this month which will stretch out to 6 days with weekend and stat holiday so I am hoping to go create guns at the crafting on those days. I would also like to paint my third bedroom, the red room. I will share pictures of what I get up to, crafting or redecorating.

I am off to knit and do laundry and contemplate how I can change my foolish ways !!

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment