Sunday 12 February 2012

Sunday Spin Class

Oh don't faint, I am not talking about that sort of spin class although I probably  should look into something like that too . No I am talking spinning wheels, wool, fiber, weaving. looms and like minded women spending a fun day together in fibery mayhem. I love these sort of days. There is a fantastic energy that you get when you spend time with creative people. I love that feeling. Creating is such an important part of my life, and I get so much from spending time with other people who share my interests.

 I am also so pleased I could pee my pants that my trouble with catching onto spinning was not all me. My wheel needed some work AND it is not the best to work with. I thought it might be but I am such a novice at this craft that I could not say for sure, I was thinking it was me and I was not going to get the hang of it. I have it on authority some of it was the wheel because two of the ladies there this afternoon are spinning magicians and they both agreed about my wheel. Whew..... I am not a dud at this spinning malarkey. SQEEEEEE.

Anyhoo, P's wonderfully handy husband gave my wheel an overhaul and it works 95% better than it was. I now just have to practise spinning like you do with any craft, to refine and finesse my product. Its so much fun. I love the magic of taking raw wool and it flows into yarn that can be knit into all manner of wonderful stuff.

These crafty days always see me coming home with a head full of ideas and totally pumped up with the energy to do a million things. There is not time in the day to do all I want to do, oh heck I am not going to live long enough to do all I want to do. I am itching to spin yards and miles of wool, dye it or not and knit it into fabulous things. I want to crochet all sorts of lovely stuff, I want to weave shawls and blankets, table runners and rugs not to mention the quilts that are dancing through my head. Don't get me started on the quilts. Sigh, oh for a 48 hour day and the energy to do everything I need to do and craft on top of it all.

Speaking of craft,  have been making puppets like mad again. Seven for the winter festival and six for a co=worker. Then I need to get a zillion more made for the local university. Most have been repeat patterns but I do have two new puppets to add to the family. A monkey and a beluga whale. They do not have names yet but here are the newest babies to be added to the family. I would like to make mention that my puppets are much cuter in person than they are in photos. Most likely its my mad photography skilz that are responsible for this but hey I am all I have to work with so I just have to deal.

 Beluga


 Monkey


Beluga whale, monkey, turtle, porcupine. pig and tiger

This little group of six is going to work with me tomorrow and off to be baby gifts for the co-worker as her family is having a baby boom this year, (including her). She just announced her pregnancy this week. I think there may be more puppets required but I am good with that, if she wants some for herself.  I am hoping to turn these little dudes into a new microwave for me. I think that is a great idea. These little critters have been a pot of gold for me. When I finish the orders I currently have I will have made 693 of these little puppets. This makes my head swim, don't know how I did all that  but I have loved every minute of it and the extra cash is a great help.

Well its nearly time for supper and I think I should go hunt up something to eat. Oh I have has such a good day!! I am going to crochet the evening away, making a scrap afghan for the local women's shelter.

Toodles,

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment