Thursday 16 February 2012

Day Two

So far I have done little to nothing on my "To Do" list. I have at least got my house cleaned and the laundry done, towels, linens and clothes. I have finished another scrap afghan that will go into the donation pile. This bright, happy blanket was made from leftovers and yarn that has been give to me. I still have a ton more and I am going to start on another donation afghan, now that I have finished this one. They will go to the local Women's Shelter.

I was going to spend the day making felt animals but that did not happen. I decided I was so close to finishing this blanket that I just stayed at it and now its done. The felt animals will happen another day. I also managed to sort out the household filing that should have been done in January. It feels good to have it taken care of. I can see the tops of the work counters in my sewing room again. They are no longer littered with paperwork.

I also purged a small chest of drawers in my green bedroom. I discarded and donated my way from four stuffed to the brim drawers down to three empty and one full. I am pleased with that. Now I just need to keep up the momentum and tackle another corner of the house. So many stuffed corners to be dealt with.
Tonight before I go to bed I am going through my books and getting rid of the ones I know I will not read again. I refuse to add more bookcases to my bedroom. I need to keep the stash down to the four that are in there. I love books, so I keep bringing more home. New ones come in and some old need to go out.

I still have not put together the new pantry and the dvd stand I bought two weeks ago. I start out the morning with such ambition and then by the afternoon, I get so lazy, I don't do half of what I want to do. I don't know what is up with me.

I had a surprise the other day, I am going to be having company this weekend. The Nurse and her daughter the Entertainer are coming for the weekend. I am looking foreward to it, they have not stayed here before even though I have known the Nurse since she was a wee little girl. So they will be here this weekend, supposed to be arriving on Friday and leaving on Monday. The Nurse has an uncle here in town but he has remarried, and while they are very nice, its not the same as it was before. The new Aunty is a wonderful lady, very nice but she is not the old fun loving Aunty who doted on the Nurse and whom the Nurse thought hung the moon. So last time we talked I told her she was welcome to stay here anytime. She is taking me up on my offer this weekend. I am glad she has stayed in touch after all the changes that have taken place over the last few years.

Well I need to go change the laundry, then maybe do something on my List before the day is done.

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment