Wednesday 8 February 2012

Mid Week Musings

I hate that expression Hump Day, my nasty little minds sees all sorts of unspeakable images whenever I hear it so I prefer midweek. Much more refined!!

Best Friend was here for the weekend and then she headed back to hearth and home on Monday morning after we had breakfast. We had a wonderful weekend as we always do when we get together. The time was too short and the house felt so lonely after she left. I have had people say "what are you talking about? you only have company for such a short time, how can it be lonely?" Well it is, its like when someone suddenly calls attention to  something you have been tolerating for ever and then suddenly it comes to your attention and you don't know how you have put up with it all this time. The older I get the more I feel it.

Next week I have some days off, and I intend to craft my little heart out. I have finished knitting a poncho for a co-worker, it just needs fringe, washing and blocking. I am up to my pits in puppet orders. I have quilts calling to me, felt animals to sew and I want to get at some DIY around the old homestead. I am thinking that 6 days off is not gonna cut it. HOWEVER I will do what I can. I want to get some of this commissioned work done as that means money and money means a new stove. :-)

I have been thrifty shopping lately, Best Friend and I always do  when we are together. I got a desk lamp for my sewing room for $4.98. Its big and throws a great light so I am happy with that. I found the cutest little cow creamer, as well as some other odds and ends all for under $20.00 which I try to stick to when I know I am going to be thrift shopping for a day. I also got a bookcase that is the right size to replace my pantry cupboards in the kitchen that are falling apart even as we speak. The bookcase was new and only $29.99 at Canadian Tire. I am so happy. I also bought for another $29.99 a dvd shelf that can sit beside my new corner entertainment center. I was going to have a custom thing made but that would have been more than $29.99 and this one will do for now. So the money I got for the winter festival puppets as been used for my thrifty shopping this weekend. I need to assemble these two pieces but I will do that this weekend. I have not taken pictures of any of this but you know I will do that and you will get a pictorial blog post of the before and afters.

This Sunday I am going to be heading out of town to spend a day of spinning and assorted fibery fun. Four of us are getting together to spin and knit and who knows what all for the day. I am really hoping I can get my spinning wheel figured out. I think the tension is whacked but it could just be me over spinning everything. Thankfully one of the ladies at least knows her stuff when it comes to spinning. If I can get the over spinning taken care of, oh the things that I will do. I have two fleeces in my basement yearning to be spun into woolly wonderfulness. Fleece to finish, baby, that is my goal.

Right now I should go and hunt up my crochet hook and work on the puppet orders. I have 18 of them left to do, 5 felt animals to make and 4 quilts to make, not to mention dish cloths to knit, socks to knit and 3 runners to be woven.  Pictures to be shared later.

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment