Wednesday 30 November 2011

Adjusting Those Priorities Yet Again and Baby Quilt Pictures.

I like to get myself a Christmas present each year. Something special, something extra, something that I want but takes a little effort to afford. NOW please do not get me wronge, I do not lack for anything, I live comfortably and rather well. I've a roof over my head, a decent job and I have a car. I have cable TV and I do not do without. I am far from hard done by. That being said I had my eye on a smooth top stove. I want a grey topped one and apparently they are going out of that type, or at least that is what the dude at Home Depot told me. They have a floor model on sale right now, grey flat top, self cleaning, four legs, oven that is actually the right temperature and a big front burner that does not work on its own whims and wishes. I had almost got my head wrapped around the fact that I could afford it at that price. I had been saving and saving and making and selling. Lookin' promising until.....................

I decided to get me some car repairs instead. Lets go back the the week I was celebrating Craftastic Palooza. I went to go shopping one bitter cold day, the car had no heating, I came home frozen and decided to call my mechanic. I took said car to the garage today and the heating issue was not a clear cut and dried problem. So they tweeked this and fiddled that and then sent me home with it to monitor the heat for a week. The car goes back next Wednesday, by that time, they will have the oxygen sensor that is apparently not functioning and they will have time to fix a leak in the heating system. Simple problems, hmmmm ..yeah....no, not in my world. The sensor is no longer on warranty so I get to pay for this one, my car had 4 of the little critters. I have two more to look foreward to breaking down. I also happen to own the sort of car that has a motor that thinks its an upside down Chinese puzzle box. Wonderful car, I love it to bits but its a bitch to fix. Apparently it requires a massive amounts of dismantling to get at what needs to be fixed. Sort of like my house where you have to move 9 zillion things to get at what you need same can be said for my car motor. To support this statement, I will provide an example. The first time I tried to find the battery, to help boost a neighbour's car, neither of us could find the battery. Its conveniently hidden under the motor, close to the wheel-well. My brother had to point it out to me.

So thanks to the puzzle box, I am going to have to pay a substantial, new stove equivalent, labour and parts bill next Wednesday. Can you really mourn something that you never had? I am in mourning for my stove. A moment of silence it you please. I have known better, I was the one that tempted fate and said I think I will get a new stove. I should never ever let my cars know what I am doing. They get jealous and then force me to rearrange my priorities. Ack!!

Enough about that, I will get a stove, its just not going to happen as soon as I would like it. Sigh. Moving on to baby quilts. This little cowboy finally made his debut and I can at last reveal the baby quilt that I made for him. Every little cowboy needs a quilt like this don't you think?
And matching bumper pads
I was rather pleased with how well this set turned out. So were the people that I made it for which is fabulous.
Its always nice to hear things like "oh that's perfect" and "awesome, I love the colours" when you have made something for someone else.

I will be sharing more of the Christmas crafting after the event is over and the items are no longer a surprize.
Right now I have puppets to be a makin '

Toodles

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment