Wednesday 16 November 2011

knit, purl, quilt, lather, rince, repeat.

Craftastic Palooza week is chugging along swimmingly. I am getting lots done and sadly I keep thinking of more things I would like to do. So far I am keeping myself under control. There are only so many hours in the day and my poor hands can only take so much. Its half way through my week and my projects are all sort of half done. I am feeling good.

My days are blissful. I wake up when the neighbours dog starts to bark, I curse and swear, then doze off to sleep again. I usually get up around 9:00 or 9:30, have breakfast and a nice hot cup of tea or coffee, then I head out and go somewhere. Yesterday it was a trip to the second hand stores, today I went to the local over sized grocery store and stocked the pantry a little. Tomorrow I am going in search of Coconut oil to make soap with. After I have been out in the real world for a time, I head back home and spend the rest of the day crafting. Today I need to do a little housekeeping, the place is starting to look like a dump.

I still have not dealt with the entertainment centre or the old sewing table. Its amazing how much one person can ignore when you want to. One of my knitting friends stopped over last night for some help with her projects and I had to apologize for the mess my house was in. My mother would have been appalled. So today I need to do a quick tidy up so it is at least bearable. I don't even want to talk about the litter box. My poor cat is very tolerant. When I am in crafting mode I can be very single minded. I do have to haul stuff down to the basement today and smash my head on the joists at least twice. Its something I seem to feel I have to do every FREAKIN' time I am in the basement. I'm only 5' 8" but my house is over a hundred years old, ( 111 to be exact)  the basement is/was not created with ceiling height in mind. A fact I cannot remember for some reason. Yeesh.

Well my coffee is finished. I have been to the store already so the rest of my day is open to creativity. I hope everyone is having a good day. If you aren't I hope it gets better for you.

Toodles, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment