Sunday 6 November 2011

Sunday Snowy Sunday

Its snowed today, first of the year. They had predicted it for yesterday but it held off until today. I am grateful because it would have put a damper on my little road trip. Today I was snugged up inside, making soup, doing laundry and mending stuff when the white fluffy stuff began to drift down. I didn't even say "Oh Crap". Not even the snow could put a damper on my enjoyment of this day, this wonderful time change day. I feel like my world has righted itself just a little, in a very tiny teeny little way. I can't explain it, its like a delightful little present.

I bought the entertainment center and it's getting delivered tomorrow night. I zipped across town this morning, gave it the once over and realized it was the same one I had looked at in Walmart but decided I could not afford at the time. Once it is here and in place I can figure out what the matching piece will look like. Once I have the look and the measurements down, I can get my handy guy here in town to built me what I need. I will post pictures when it all comes together. I have been wanting to change this up for awhile now. Finding the corner entertainment center for so cheap has just made it happen all that much sooner.

I have of course not done a pea pickin' thing to make room for the new unit. I haven't even moved a dust bunny :-)  If I was truly organized I would have cleared out the old stuff to make room for the new stuff. I am going to have an old entertainment center to get rid of. Perhaps it can live on top of the old sewing table that I still have not dealt with. I sense that I am rushing head long into that hoarders episode I keep seeing in my future, so I need to deal with the excess furniture that is about to build up in my dining room, sooner rather than later.

My Christmas " to do" list is starting to shrink. I have at last completed all the dishcloths I need for my gift giving this Christmas. I figured out that I have knit over 70 dishcloths over the course of this year. (They are my carry about with me knitting). Even having made more that 70 of them, I still had to make six for myself so I would have enough to give away. They are a great little sale item.

Off to work again tomorrow. Where does the time go??

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment