Wednesday 23 November 2011

There are not enough hours or money :-)

Well its been a busy week here at the old homestead and its only half over. I need about 6 more hours in each day and then I could maybe get all the things done that I want to. Oh well, its all good, I love to be busy and have projects to do, I like to spend time with my friends so I am not complaining,............... really I'm not. It may sound like it but I'm not and I will change the subject now because I am repeating myself.

Monday night was the usual frantic flight of the bumble bees trying to get my house presentable because I had a guy coming today to do an energy audit. So I spent my evening, jamming things in nooks and crannies and cleaning like a white tornado ( does anyone but me remember that one?). Its not perfect but at least it did not look like an episode of Hoarders. ( do reference that show a lot don't I? because I can see it in my future and I fear it!!)

Tuesday night was sushi with the girls and then Breaking Dawn part 1, the latest Twilight movie. It was lovely. Good company, good food, good movie. I like those evenings. And yes I like the vampire movies, I LOVED the books. I secretly think I am a teenage girl at heart. A fact that was confirmed to day when I was all bummed out that my Outlander graphic novel is on back order. I may age but I am not gonna be a grown up, no way dude!! I want my adult comic book graphic novel, dang it.

Tonight I spend working on puppets ( Yahoo, Yippy, drunken monkey dance of joy ) I have two of the seven the university needs and this week I have managed to make two others for work folk. I want to have those little critters finished by early next week. Booyah!! I am a puppet making maniac.

My Christmas shopping and crafting is coming along, I managed to purchase three things tonight for a really reasonable price. This makes me smile. I want to have the Christmas gifts finished by next week as well. The rest of my week is going to go like this: tomorrow I am going to a local production of Annie and out for supper of course. Friday is No Cook Friday as always. Its special because we are going for appies and desserts. Yum. Sunday is Christmas Card making with my scrappy card making group. Saturday I may be shopping with E but we have not firmed up those plans yet. Busy busy busy.:-)

Oh yeah the Energy audit. Have I mentioned this house is 111 years old? I think you can imagine how this little exercise went. When he did that thing where they suck all the air out of the house, the back door popped open. That's really not good. Upside is he really didn't tell me anything I did not already know. Basically I need to insulate up and down and all around, replace windows, replace  furnace, fix the doors, I need exhaust fans for the kitchen and bathrooms and get that low flow toilet for the upstairs. Well I will just trot out to the big ole money tree in the back yard and get right on that. :-) Erk!!!


Toodles!!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment