Sunday 20 November 2011

Craftastic Palooza Week is FINI!!!

My craftastic week is over, its back to work on Monday. Where did the time go? I got a fair bit done, and I am happy with what was accomplished but I would love to have another week. Oh heck, I'm not going to go into the whole "-I'd rather stay home than work" thing. That is a tired old horse just begging not to be beat again.

Where was I? Oh yes, the week. I did mending for friends, made some dishcloths, finished a queen sized quilt, started some Christmas runners, and made felt animals. See:

Knitting, crochet, quilting and sewing have been indulged in this week, non stop. One day I managed to quilt for 11 hours with only lunch and supper breaks. I loved every minute and stitch of it. I still have one large dish cloth to finish tonight but its nearly finished. The two sweaters on the end of the couch were just mending projects for clarification. I managed to get out of my house on occasion and do some shopping. I did wandered among the real people once in awhile.

This is a better picture of the quilt. Its for our yearly raffle at the office. Half the proceeds raised will go to our local Christmas charity. I did not get much time to get it made so its a plain old fashioned nine patch but at least its done and ready to be raffled off.

I also managed to get the old sewing table out of the dining room. Its dismantled and tucked away upstairs for now. I just cannot part with it and I am not sure what I am going to do with it so for now it is stored away. I am just glad I figured out a place to keep it. The middle of the dining room was not working for me for some reason.

So I have supper to make, the last large dishcloth to finish and then I need to wrap my head around hearing that dang alarm go off in the morning BEFORE the dog starts barking next door. Sigh. I also need to find my plug in for the car and plug it in as apparently winter kicked in while I was on vacation. I know that because I have had to shovel snow already.

This coming week is going to be great fun, Vampire movie on Tuesday night preceded by sushi, then on Thursday a local production of Annie, hopefully with supper out somewhere nice as well. That should take the sting out of having to be back at work.


I hope your weekend went well.

Toodles, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment