Saturday 3 December 2011

Saturday Stuff and one big job done

My Saturday did not turn out at all like I had planned it to and I was thrilled. The plan was to get groceries, finish the Christmas shopping and then spend the rest of the day at home working on the last of the Christmas projects. Instead the Banker and I decided to spend the afternoon shopping together. We had this brilliant idea while we were coffeeing with the No Cook Friday Group. I decided I could get groceries, go to the bank, clean the kitchen before she got her to pick me up. Change of plans again, I slept in and did not manage to get the groceries. I did get to the bank, that was most important. The kitchen is still a mess but there is always tomorrow!! (Big fan of Scarlette O'Hara, me)

I managed to fly in the back door just as the Banker arrived at the front door to get me. We started out the afternoon but going to a local tea room for a scrumptious lunch and found some bargains in the attached gift shop. Then we shopped the little specialty stores on the the main drag. I drooled over the hand carved wooden nativity figures that I am one day gonna be able to get for myself, dang-it!! My set is getting a little worse for the wear, some of the participants are starting to miss certain appendages.

We managed to put in the afternoon. I got some gifts, I got a new pig ornament for the Piggy Christmas tree. It was all good. We ended with coffee at her house then I came home and promptly went to get those groceries that I missed this morning.

I splurged and bought myself some sushi for supper but I fear the label on the container lied. I read it carefully before I bought it and it did not mention fiery, hot, throat burning pain.  I bought crispy shrimp. It was neither crispy nor shrimpy and it was hot as hell!! I don't like spicy stuff, I am a baby about it but I ate the dang thing anyway because sushi is not cheap and I was not gonna pitch it out. I didn't care if my mouth burned from supper to tomorrow morning I was not going to waste it, I was going to eat it, starving children all over the world would suffer if I wasted it SO I ate it and I was not happy and really how silly is that???? I'm sure the starving children are sleeping better for it. I am an idiot sometimes but that is a blog post for another day.

Since I was already well on my way to turning into Little Miss Crankypants, I decided to tackle a big job that has been staring me in the face for a while now. I could not keep putting it off, It had to be done, it could not continue to be ignored, not if I am going to get the Christmas decorations up. The entertainment centers needed to be swapped. Crap. At least I moved the old sewing table awhile ago but the corner until was still parked in between the dining and living rooms. This had to change. I pulled up my boot straps and waded in.

I emptied, I packed, I moved, I huffed and I puffed. I got to the point where it was looking like this. Then it happens.

Right about at this point in any venture is where I decide that changing things is highly overrated and what was I thinking and why did I start this and it would not look so bad just being left this way. I could embrace the hoarder life style, bow to the inevitable and just give in. Time has taught me that when I start to think like that I need to take a break and try to talk myself down off the ledge.

It may not look like I have done much but I had. I started to chant, I will get it moved, it will get done, I can move all those wires and machines and still have tv when the dust settles. I am woman hear me roar, blah,blah, blah.
Fast foreward and see all done, all moved and there is cable!! It all works and its all operational. I AM WOMAN!! Ignore the blue and white cupboard, that is going other places eventually. I need it right now for the storage but in the big long term plan of things its gone!!

I cannot tell you the joy I feel seeing the DVR, the DVD and the VCR all tucked away in their own little spaces. No longer throwing the symmetry of the unit off balance and causing me headaches. I need balance and symmetry, it soothes me.

I have the old unit in the dining room now, (sigh) but it will be dismantled and disposed of tomorrow. I thought of donating it but no one wants those units anymore and the second hand stores are full of them. Mine is for the garbage. Everyone I have offered it to has one of their own to get rid of. I will demolish and dispose of it on the morrow. It's a shame but I have had it for a long, long time and it owes no one anything.

The blue and white cupboard will be moved upstairs and where it is sitting now will be another storage unit.................. in time. I have to have it made unless I can find something that will work. It will be a place to store DVD's, photo albums, crap and some shelves for display. Oh yes and in time the tv will change to a flat screen. I have plans!! I have lists!!! It will come to fruition. In the meantime I will have fun shuffling things around until I am pleased with how it all looks. I have already taken the two little doors off the bottom. I like it better this way.

Tomorrow I will bring the trees up from the basement. Then I can spend next week decorating the house. I am really in the mood to do it this year. I also plan to purge out some of the decorations that have seen better days, or that I no longer wish to keep. I did not put up the big tree last year so I need to get it up this year.

Its has been such a good day, in spite of the sushi fiasco. I hope your Saturday was equally as good and that your supper did not turn on you like mine did.

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment