Thursday 1 September 2011

Like a Yo-Yo

I love YouTube, I love it because I can revisit my past. Way back when in 1971 there was a new show premiering called the Flip Wilson show. On the first episode of the show the Osmond brothers were scheduled to perform. Being totally and completely head over heels, I was going to marry him and if I didn't I was totally going to die about Donny, I was counting down the day until it was on. Well the day rolled around, we were on a Sunday supper with the relatives visit and I MISSED THE SHOW!!!

Oh the misery, the agony, the pouting and carrying on was truly an Oscar performance let me tell you. This was the dark ages before those wonderful little machines allowed us to record tv programs. I was heart broken but over the years I manged to move on and live with the heartbreak.

Last night as I was noodling around on the computer, delaying going to bed I had an inspiration to just see if perchance the performance was on YouTube. AND IT WAS..........demented monkey dance of joy. So forty years after the fact I got to see the missed episode. For 5 minutes last night I was transported back to those days where the young man, singing and dancing on the tv meant the entire world. It was awesome!!

Don't judge me, they were the Justin Bieber's of my day.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment