Thursday 29 September 2011

Excessive thy name is Linda

I was puttering about tonight and found my recipe for home made laundry soap, and I thought to myself, I need to put that into my little book so I don't loose it. Then I got thinking about my other little books. I was so concerned when we had the bomb scare at work because I had left my knitting bag in the office and if the building blew, my little book of puppet patterns would be gone. I live my life by lists and those lists have slowly become the stuff that is jotted down in my precious little books. I love little books to keep track of things. Tonight I decided to see how many little books do I have. I never have had them all together before. I just know I have certain ones for certain things.  I gathered them together, these little bound pages filled with all the information I deem important in my life. They keep me on track and free my memory for other important bits like passwords, pin numbers and door codes.

TaaaDaaa!!!!

Fourteen, I have FOURTEEN little books, OMG this is the story of my life. Is one is good, three are better, and fourteen is Freakin Fantastic. That one in the bottom left hand corner with the L on it will be the one that will end up in a museum dedicated to me because my crafty empire has made me richer than Donald Trump and has people saying Martha..... Martha Who????  It is the one I fretted over being blown up buy a bomb. It has the patterns in it that have started my empire.

The rest of them have homemade earth friendly cleaning recipes, books I want to read, things I want to do, things I have made, things I need to make, people I need to keep in touch with, gifts I have given and received, weaving notes, and so on and so forth. Wishes and dreams and accomplishments, things to cherish and things to remember.

Oh crap, I forgot one, that makes FIFTEEN, and my date book does not count, everyone has a date book. Sigh, I maybe need a 12 step program.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment