Monday 12 September 2011

Where did the weekend go?

So Saturday morning early early had me on the road, headed to Saskatchewan to spend the weekend with the Carpenter and Busy. It was a good weekend. Not sure what we did but the time passed and before I knew it it was time to head back to the homestead again.

One thing that was a tad out of the norm for me was we watched the Banjo Bowl. Blue Bombers vs Rough Riders. I am not a football fan but I do like to hear it when the Riders win. I will always cheer for the Riders, you can take the girl out of Saskatchewan  but you cannot take all the Saskatchewan out of the girl. My brother likes to watch the game and apparently so does Busy so I settled in with my knitting and relaxed, while the game went on mostly without me knowing what was happening I was very content though and I got quite a bit done on my afghan.
Busy has her own bedazzled jersey. I think she could get herself a little sideline going and maybe get herself a retirement plan. Its very girly and cute with all the bling on it. Tasteful but not over the top. :-) She whipped up some yummy snacks for the game and we enjoyed ourselves while the Riders stomped the Bombers into the ground. The Carpenter let me know when to cheer because honestly, the amount I know about foot ball you could store on the head of a pin and have room left over. I know touchdowns are good and getting tackled looks painful. I'm done, honestly that's it. My only claim to fame was at this particular game, I personally knew the lady that sang the anthem. She was my vocal coach.

I took this quilt with me to get it delivered to its owner. I finished binding it the night before I was to leave so I had not taken a picture of it,  I hurled in on the bed at my brothers place and took a picture, only then did I realize I had a problem.
I had promised to deliver a queen sized quilt. The pattern I choose out of my book declared this to be queen sized. Not sure it what universe that is possible. The bed its on is a double and the quilt is just big enough for a double. Crap, crap, crappity crap. On the other hand thank goodness I took the picture. I would have been mortified to deliver it, too small, when the lady has already paid for it and waited patiently to get it. So back it came with me to be enlarged. I will not be so trusting in future, I will be measuring these things on my own from now on as apparently my idea of a quilt means it drapes over the side of the mattress, not just fit the top of the bed. My Grandmother made quilts like that, I never saw the point. You get people under a small quilt and all they are going to do is fight for covers.

Sigh, I was so happy to have it finished and now I need to work some more on it. Durn it. Oh well, onward and upward. Good news, I got the material for Busy's runner at the local quilt store while I was visiting. I found four more of the plates I am collecting. I have all I want now. Handy dandy voice mail informs me that my new headboard has arrived, so I can pick that up tomorrow. New head board means I pull the bed apart again, finally do the dust ruffle, then I will need to widen the quilt on my bed. (I am sensing a theme here). I need another week of vacation time.

Best Friend called today, she has things happening at her house with her family so she is not going to get here until Wednesday now. Poop, but she will stay until Monday (Yahoo).This gives me an extra free day at home. I have ear marked it to do some yard work. Move some plants and see if I can kill them off. Well that will not be the intention but it may be the outcome. I have a list of errands a mile long. I am thinking that tomorrow morning I will be in the car and the afternoon in the garden.

Must go check my laundry. Its good to be home.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment